Join Freelance Austin
You’ll get the most out of Freelance Austin by joining and you can get even more out of the experience by joining Women Communicators of Austin (WCA).. Since 1929 (yes, you read that right!) when it was called AWC Austin, the organization has stood tall as the preeminent association for communicators in Central Texas. All WCA members get free membership in Freelance Austin.
WCA boasts more than 200 members (both women and men) in diverse communications fields such as marketing, corporate communications, graphic design, public relations, journalism, web development, advertising, and event planning. WCA members work for Fortune 500 companies, agencies, nonprofits, associations, government organizations and, of course, as independent and contract-based freelancers.
As a WCA member, you will receive these benefits:
- WCA full membership privileges, including reduced event pricing and access to WCA’s exclusive Forum listserv, Mentoring Program and Job Board. MORE ON WCA MEMBERSHIP HERE.
- FREE registration to Freelance Austin MONTHLY MEETINGS.
- FREE access to other Freelance Austin social and networking EVENTS.
- FREE access to Freelance Austin POST A PROJECT contract opportunity listings from potential new clients and employers.
- FREE opportunity to be included in the exclusive Freelance Austin TALENT DIRECTORY
- Freelance Austin and WCA are proud to offer DISCOUNTS ON HEALTH INSURANCE PREMIUMS through our partnership with Decent.com. Decent offers ACA-compliant plans to freelancers and other self-employed individuals. Sign-up is year round. To learn more and get a quote, log in and visit their webpage for Freelance Austin and WCA members.
Already a WCA Member?
Your WCA membership also entitles you to membership in Freelance Austin. Just check the Freelance Austin box on your member profile and you’re done!
Become an Annual Supporter
Interested only in Freelance Austin? Become an Annual Supporter at the low rate of $35! This will give you access to the Freelance Austin-only benefits listed above.