On Saturday, April 8, 2017, Freelance Austin’s parent organization (WCA) will be coming together to network and brunch at the annual Banner Brunch to honor communications professionals and award scholarships to a select group of outstanding communications students at area colleges and universities
Do you know somebody deserving of an award for outstanding communication?
In order to recognize Austin’s greatest communicators, we need you – the larger community within Austin – to nominate someone today!
All it takes is a couple of minutes to do a 2-minute pre-nomination for that awesome communicator in your life. They can be a freelancer, a business owner, a journalist, a PR person you admire, or anyone else working in a communications role.
You have until January 25 to submit the 2-minute pre-nomination, and February 13 to submit a full, more detailed nomination, so get to it!
What are the actual awards?
There are six different awards that will be given out at the Banner Brunch. If you’re considering a nominee, nominate them for the award they best fit.
If you’re ready to put in a full nomination, you can find the forms to fill out at the links below.
- Outstanding Austin Communicator Award
- Liz Carpenter Lifetime Achievement Award
- Gene Barnwell Waugh Mentor Award
- Anne Durrum Robinson Creative Initiative Award
- Gladys Whitley Hearst Outstanding Member (for members only)
- Leadership Award (for members only)
Latest posts by Kristen Hicks (see all)
- Working with a Freelancer 101: Important Questions to Ask - May 3, 2018
- Writing for the Web 101 - September 8, 2017
- Having Faith Freelancing in a New City with Cindy Dashnaw - July 21, 2017