Are you ready to ignite your brand — bombshell style?
Ellie Scarborough is founder and principle of Media Bombshell. After reporting on NBC for seven years & founding a popular online business devoted to helping women get over heartbreak, she developed a unique process for building “bombshell brands” quickly. Now she works exclusively with visionary business owners who are serious about positively impacting the planet with their passion + moxie + services, and who are ready to harness the power of video & media to do it. Her story has been featured on the TODAY Show, Cosmo radio, in The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, SHAPE magazine and many more. By using online video, traditional media and social media she attracted thousands of loyal fans across the country in a matter of months. Forbes and CNBC.com have since featured her as an online community and video expert.
Ellie stopped by Freelance Austin in October to show us ow to use online video to grow our brand.
Web-based video is one of the fastest growing components of Internet content – YouTube is the #2 search engine in the world – and can be used to build a strong, vibrant community. She let us in on the top five mistakes people make with online video, how to avoid them, and also show you how producing video doesn’t have to cost a ton of money.
We walked away with:
- Ideas for our first three videos (three different ways to present our brand)
- tools you can implement to help you create meaningful content including tips about DIY lighting, good sound, creating powerful titles for YouTube
- homework to get you started creating videos that spread our own message
The meeting was held at:
Ronald McDonald House
1315 Barbara Jordan Boulevard
Austin, TX 7872
Latest posts by Ginny Murphy (see all)
- Editorial Calendars: Tools and Tips from the Pros - May 18, 2015
- Writing Proposals that Get the Job: Meeting Recap - May 14, 2014
- Infographics — A Picture’s Worth 1,000 Words: Meeting Recap - April 9, 2014