We know the Austin freelance community is full of talented people with varied and valuable insights. The Freelance Austin blog is a great place to share those insights with the larger community. Freelance Austin has long worked to be a valuable resource for Austin’s freelance workers and our blog is one extension of that goal.
Why to Submit a Guest Post to Freelance Austin
A post on the Freelance Austin blog is a great opportunity for you to promote your business, show off your skills and knowledge, and strengthen your reputation in the community.
All blog posts will include a byline so that writers can describe their services, link back to their website, and include any social media profiles used to connect with readers. We’ll also allow links within the post itself back to your website, as long as they’re natural (in other words, don’t be spammy about it).
And of course, your post will help to provide valuable information to the local freelance community.
Guidelines for Guest Posting
Your submission must be relevant to our audience and meet basic quality standards. Our hope is to say “yes” to submissions as often as possible, though, so take time to read through these guidelines before submitting.
- Your post must be relevant to at least one of our two main audiences: communications freelancers and anyone interested in hiring freelancers.
- Your post may be re-purposed from your own blog, but don’t just copy and paste. Take a little time to turn it into something new.
- Freelance Austin’s blog editors will review each piece (so there may be some minor changes to your submission before it’s published), but don’t let that be an excuse to be lazy. Proofread your submission before sending it. We recommend taking a few minutes to read it out loud to catch any awkward phrasing and typos.
- We may ask you to tweak your post before it’s ready to be published, please be cooperative and professional (as you would with any client).
- Your tone should be casual and enjoyable to read – not too academic or formal, and not riddled with jargon.
- Include a short bio and headshot with your submission. We recommend including a link back to your website and your social media profiles within the bio.
- If you have a recommended (legal) image to use with your post, send it along WITH the rights to publish.
- You don’t have to be a member of Freelance Austin to submit, although you really should consider joining if you haven’t yet.
- You don’t even have to be an Austin resident. If your submission meets our other guidelines, we’ll be happy to consider it.
If you’re a Freelance Austin member who doesn’t have any specific ideas for a blog post, but would still like to help out, let us know! We keep a running list of ideas that are relevant to our audience and may be able help you find one (or potentially more) that’s a good fit for your experience.
How to Submit
If you’re confident your post meets all the guidelines listed above, then simply send it as a Word document to Shana Burg at shana @ shanaburg.com. We’ll review it and get back to you within a couple of weeks.