One of the keys to building a thriving freelance practice is delivering an experience that meets the needs of your clients. At the October 2010 Freelance Austin monthly meeting, Chris Bailey introduced some of the basic tools that anthropologists use to understand their subjects and show you how to apply them to your business.
By the end of the meeting, we learned how to:
- Ask the right questions
- Listen for what’s said, and more importantly, what’s not said
- Assess the impact of your communications on the overall experience of the client
Chris Bailey is a business anthropologist with a diverse background in marketing, customer service and online technologies. His work in customer experience design helps businesses of all sizes understand how customers interact with their products, services and overall brand. More about him and his consultancy, Bailey WorkPlay, can be found at www.baileyworkplay.com.
Chris’s slides from the meeting.
The meeting was held at:
Ronald McDonald House
1315 Barbara Jordan Boulevard
Austin, TX 78723
- Editorial Calendars: Tools and Tips from the Pros - May 18, 2015
- Writing Proposals that Get the Job: Meeting Recap - May 14, 2014
- Infographics — A Picture’s Worth 1,000 Words: Meeting Recap - April 9, 2014