Have you considered exploring international markets for your services? In August, we were joined City of Austin Economic Development Specialist Natalie Betts for a conversation about our city as a hub for international trade.
What’s the strategy to attract international business to Austin? To encourage export business? We learned about the programs, partners and how you can get involved in this growing market.
Natalie Betts is the Acting International Economic Development Program Manager with the City of Austin’s Economic Growth and Redevelopment Services Office. In that capacity, she is responsible for the City’s international business, trade, educational and cultural programming aimed at expanding Austin’s global presence.
Natalie joined the International Economic Development Program in July 2011 after graduating from Indiana University’s School of Public and Environmental Affairs with a Master’s of Public Affairs. While at Indiana University, she worked as a Service Corps fellow at a local emergency services non-profit and performed research on alternative transportation. She also holds a Bachelor’s of Arts from Emory University and has served as an intern at the Office of Energy and Climate Change with the White House Internship Program.
Resources from the meeting:
- Classes and resources with the City of Austin’s International Economic Development Program: http://austintexas.gov/
- You can sign up for their newsletter here: http://tinyurl.com/austinnews
- Export.gov is a great site and our local office is here: http://export.gov/texas/austin
- Read about how the profit margins of Texas exporters are higher.
The meeting was held at:
Ronald McDonald House
1315 Barbara Jordan Boulevard
Austin, TX 78723
- Editorial Calendars: Tools and Tips from the Pros - May 18, 2015
- Writing Proposals that Get the Job: Meeting Recap - May 14, 2014
- Infographics — A Picture’s Worth 1,000 Words: Meeting Recap - April 9, 2014